Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Dec 14, 2016


A while ago I decided I should stop taking Child Study Team jobs at Memorial because I end up being in classrooms longer than I would if I took a normal job, which is the opposite of why I liked taking them to begin with. Today was no exception, and it reminded me why I shouldn't. I had class coverage all day with a 45 minute lunch as opposed to the (normally) 30 minute lunch in addition to the hour and a half I'd have off for my break period. Sometimes it's nice to stay busy and help the day go by faster, but I'd rather have the break most days.


After work I went to Parvin for a run since I know it's getting cold tomorrow. The weather was good for a run once I got started. I was running fast and looking forward to seeing my actual pace when I took out my phone 2.5 miles in to check it and as soon as I turned it on it shut off. My shitty iPhone has been doing this any time it's below like 60 degrees. I was out one day when it was 55 and it shut off at 30% battery. That's unacceptable. Anyway, my pace up to that point was 8:04 and I continued to the end of the 3 mile loop at, I think, the same pace. Time for a new phone.


Becca got some bad news that she failed her certification test, so I picked up Thai food and sushi to take over along with wine and beer to cheer her up. We spent the night watching Planet Earth while we ate and drank, then we tried to play a game of Scrabble that was forfeited pretty early on because the letters and the board were not being good to us. We went back to playing Mario Wii, making some progress and drinking the Rogue Cold Brew IPA that I brought over (it was supposed to be a Christmas present for someone else, shhhh!) It was a nice night and I was able to make her smile so mission accomplished.

No comments: