Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Dec 21, 2016


I woke up after getting a good amount of sleep, but I was still running late. On my drive to work the sky was really nice and I shot some quick pictures out my window that was still covered in ice. I always want to get out and shoot sunrise, but it's so cold and the timing doesn't often work out when I start work so early.


The light was still nice when I got to Memorial so I wanted to take a shot of it. I was in for a health class and there was testing going on so the classes were longer than usual. I wrote a girl up 5 minutes into class, but then she was gone so that was good. The day wasn't so bad after all. I ended up not having to do my coverage last block which was nice since I didn't get my lunch break until 12:45 anyway.


I briefly considered a nap after work, but it wasn't in the cards. I went to Parvin since it had been nicer out during the day. Once I got there it had gotten a bit colder, but I hit the trail running anyway. After freezing my fingers off for a mile or so I had warmed up enough to be comfortable. I had a pretty decent run even though I felt slow. The lake looked really pretty frozen over. I feel like it's been a while since I've seen that.


I ran home and grabbed my change of clothes and met Becca for a second run in her parents' neighborhood. It was colder, we ran slower, and my iPod died along the way because of the cold. I'm over this shit. This never happened last year in Oregon.


It's Lance's birthday so we went bowling at Westbrook Lanes. It was much farther away than we thought, so it ended up being an all night thing. It was fun though. We bowled 3 games. I didn't do that well. Not sure if it was the ball or the shoes or the fact that I haven't played in a long time.


Lance (not pictured) seemed a little moody so it was a bit awkward sometimes and I felt like it was a challenge to make conversation at times. We had a good time anyway and fulfilled the bowling quote for this half of the year. We'll do it again in summer.

No comments: