Friday, December 23, 2016

Dec 23, 2016

After not enough sleep I ended up getting to work a little late because I couldn't find my keys. I got there before homeroom was over and began my day unaware that the half day was even more shortened because they were having an assembly at the end of the day. It ended up being great since my 3 classes were only 47 minutes long and then I had off so I left work by 11. Becca and I took advantage of the early release by meeting at South Vineland Park to play disc golf.


Halfway through the game I got a call telling me my dentist appointment wouldn't be covered by insurance today because it was scheduled one day early.  I was annoyed, but we decided to take advantage and headed to Iron Hill DGC in Delaware. It was a beautiful day for playing and we had a good game. Becca had some great putts and I played alright. I'm glad we got to go out since it was so nice. The canceling appointment was a good thing after all.


We were both really hungry after playing so we went to Drop Squad Kitchen for dinner. We each got the cheesesteak and were really happy with it. I need to go to that place more often. The guy is a little overzealous with trying to upsell, but he's very nice. We went down the road to Bellefonte Brewing afterward and got a flight and a glass of their brett raspberry "secret" sour. The beers were okay, but nothing to write home about. The sour was really pretty though.


It was time to head home after that. I went to Walmart to brave the Christmas crowds and get a few last minute things for Becca and Aiden. The lines were even shorter than an average day so it wasn't bad. We went to Glasstown before they closed for the holiday to pick up a growler of Fisherman's Ale and we each had a pint. It was super crowded there AND a guy kept talking to us and commenting that we were wearing green so we must be Irish. And he was wearing green. Then he told us about how to get stickers and bring them to your local brewery for the wall. There he is in the photo.


To finish out the busy holiday evening we went to Michael's, Marshall's, and Shop Rite to get all the rest of the things we needed. It was finally time to come home and chill after what was supposed to be a relaxing night in.

No comments: