Sunday, December 25, 2016

Dec 25, 2016


I came back to my grandmom's on Christmas morning to finish putting everything together for the trip and charging things and taking photos off cards-- the usual. When Sarah, Ken, Isabel, and Aiden showed up I went out to give them their gifts. Aiden seemed happy with the Tsum Tsums and moved quickly on to the next gifts of course. That all went quickly. I opened my envelopes of cash and gift cards and it was all over.


Becca and I hopped in the car, got gas at Wawa, and then asked, "How the hell do we get to Maine?" We started by driving north and stopped 3 hours in to play the animal course at Warwick. It was a great break in the drive and we played a good game. Becca had some really great putts and I threw one of my discs in the water. I forgot how beautiful parts of the course are with a stream running through it and a nice foot bridge.


After our round we got right back on the road, eating quinoa and brussel sprouts on the go. It was a smooth drive with no traffic; the only snag came when we got off the exit for gas we realized everything was closed. The Shell that we were heading for had all the pumps roped off and only the inside was open. We had to improvise to find a place to pee, and then we drove a little farther to get to an open gas station.


We decided we would stop in Portsmouth for the night and we found a hotel right off the highway. It was nice to stop and get to sleep at a good time after a day of driving.

No comments: