Thursday, December 8, 2016

Dec 8, 2016

We got up at 4:18am on the second alarm to get ready and go to the airport. Becca and I left Millville after a quick visit to Wawa for a hash brown, coffee, and gas. When we got to her friend Dan's house he was seemingly still sleeping and definitely not packed so we sat and waited for 15 minutes while he did that. Annoying but no big deal in the end as we made it to the airport an hour before their flight. They were off to Arizona, and I headed back to Millville to work.



I went in for my first Insight mystery job at Memorial which turned out to be Mr. Sloan's English class. It was mostly fine if a little boring. I spent one class reading October Sky to the students and the next ones browsing online and unsubscribing from mailing lists that I am consistently amazed that I end up on. I had off fourth block so after waiting and watching Westworld for a bit I was able to leave a little early.


It was pretty chilly and gray, but I went to South Vineland Park for a fast round of disc golf by myself. I kept myself entertained by taking a Snapchat video of each basket putting in a different way. I sent them all to Becca, but I kind of wish I saved them to watch the compilation together. I had a decent round, and it definitely went quick.


I had to be fast because I had an eye exam to get my new contacts prescription and also to check my new glasses that just didn't feel right. The doctor didn't seem to find anything wrong with the new prescription, but I went to Wal*Mart where I got them and the women who work there were very helpful and offered to change my prescription back to what it was before. Hopefully that's the last time I'll have to deal with these particular glasses. I also gave out a couple of business cards to those ladies and hopefully they'll be calling me about holiday photos.


I tried to take a short nap with mild success, and then I headed to Philly. I picked up a ticket at Union Transfer for Becca then shot over to the Foundry for Copeland. I got there as they were playing (I assume) their first song, "Chin Up." A little bummed I missed that one, but the rest of the set was so good. They played a ton of songs, making little best-of sets of each album. It flowed really well and it was nice and chill. I really enjoyed the whole vibe of the show. Before playing some older songs Aaron said, "If you're looking at your phone I have to assume you're logging into your LiveJournal.. or Xanga." Great reference. I really should be sleeping now.

No comments: