Saturday, December 31, 2016

Dec 31, 2016


I slept in again and it was really nice. Once I got myself up I picked up Erynne and went to Silver Run for the closest thing Millville has to hiking. It was nice weather and we had a good walk while we caught up. She had never been there and I hadn't been there in some time.


We went to Wildflower for lunch and split a black bean burger wrap that was soooo good. It's been a couple months at least since I've been there but this is one of the best things I've had from them. We took a little trip to the mall trying to find out of the Viet place had a vegan version of their Vietnamese coffee with heavy cream. They did not, so we went to Target and got Starbucks to walk around with while I went to find the expansion pack to Settler of Catan.


Later it was time for the big New Year's Eve Party to begin. So when Ryan, Shannon and Alex got to Becca's we set up Catan and proceeded to explain the directions to everyone, confusing even those of us who had played many times I think. It was fun though once we got started and Ryan went on to destroy us all.


We spent the next couple of hours playing Catchphrase "Decades" which has categories from the '70s to the present. I prefer the other one, but this one ended up being fun. Becca's friend Lauren and her boyfriend Tony brought it so we could all play. The time passed quickly, lots of jokes were made, good and bad guesses had by all. Someone said as a clue: "He's in Genesis." My guess was Jesus. It was really Phil Collins.


At midnight most of us were uninterested in the dropping ball or turning of the calendar in general, but the festivities sort of came to an end there and people started leaving. After a brief cleanup and some stronger hints for people to leave, we got to bed in preparation to get up for the first sunrise of the new year tomorrow.

No comments: