Friday, December 16, 2016

Dec 16, 2016


Another bitter cold day starting out with my alarm going off and not enough sleep. I was in for an English teacher at Memorial, and her first class really got me started off right. It was a small group and they sat silently working for the entire class. It was kind of incredible. I had an early break which was nice because I was hungry anyway. I saw Aiden because he was home sick and then I went back in for the second part of the day. The next class was loud but mostly working. The final class was mostly quiet and working, but I had to write one girl up for being an asshole about not doing her work and then disrupting other people. So it goes.


I came home and had some Gardein chick'n strips after work and then tried to take a nap. I guess I slept a little bit, but I've been bad at naps lately. Tracy and Christie were supposed to pick me up at 6:30, but they were running late. They ended up being over a half hour late, but that's not really unusual for them. We drove up the Parkway to the Stone Pony in time to park, walk a few blocks in the cold, and get inside the venue to a definitely over-capacity crowd where we had to shuffle sideways to get across the room. We didn't have to wait long for Jimmy Eat World to come on.



While the band was incredible and played an amazing set, the crowd was beyond shitty. It was packed in tight, but almost everyone was literally just standing there during their heavier and more upbeat songs. Like not even nodding their heads to the beat. I honestly do not understand why those people were there or how they were enjoying themselves. I completely understand not wanting/needing to jump around at a show, but how can you stand totally still? Doesn't music generally move people to dance a little bit? I always feel bad for the band too because they're rocking their hearts out on stage and getting no response.


I ended up really wishing I had not sold my Taking Back Sunday tickets because you know damn well that crowd would have been insane as always. Live and learn. It's just a bummer that the shows had to be on the same night. Our drive home was long, but Tracy and I chatted a lot about travel and where we'd like to end up living so that was nice. I don't get to have a lot of one on one chats with her these days. I was definitely ready for bed when I got home

No comments: