Friday, December 9, 2016

Dec 9, 2016

It's funny that when I'm coming from Philly I'm early to work, but when I'm 5 minutes from the building I'm always running late. I skipped breakfast because I knew I had first block off at Memorial this morning, but then they were running short on subs so I had to cover all of first block after all. Luckily it was a co-teaching class with another sub who was cool with me dipping out long enough to go to Shop Rite for a banana, almonds, and tofurky for lunch. That was good enough. The first class was challenging, but overall it was fine.



I spent the rest of the day in the gym. 2 of the 3 blocks the other teacher took over, pitching and all the rest. I got a chance to pitch once for a bit, but mostly I stood in the corner on my phone, watching them play. I also bought tickets for Dashboard and NFG whilst I whiled away the time. The last block we went to the weight room for a short time and then I came back and ran my own game of mat ball until the end of the day.



Alycia came down to meet me and we grabbed some growlers before heading off to Cape May Brewing. We met Jess there once she found her way and we proceeded to order our flights. They only had one new beer on since last I was there a week or so ago, but it was a good one: Sour Apple Corrosion. The Corrosion is their sour IPA, which is fantastic on its own, but tonight I liked the apple version even more.



We got a table and hung out watching the people wander in and out. The bar never got so crowded that it felt like a Friday night, but that's probably in part because it was still before 5pm. It just felt really late. I thought I saw Mike from NJCB, but for some reason I didn't go see if it was him. We talked about Mandy Moore a lot because Alycia mentioned her being in a new show, and I like her as an actor. Funny enough, a song of hers was playing when we walked into the brewery. And the I Know What You Did Last Shandy tastes like Candy and that led to a whole thing about her old songs.



Jess was really hungry so Alycia and I got growlers and headed out to find a Wawa. Jess managed to follow a totally wrong car and ended up going to a different Wawa while Alycia and I made our way around the corner to 7 Mile Brewery. We had already ordered our flights when Jess texted to say she was just going to head out because she was meeting a friend soon. The beer at 7 Mile wasn't very good overall. They had a few pretty decent ones, but it's hard to compare after being at Cape May, where everything is so good. They're also considerably more expensive for everything, which is hard to reconcile with their lower quality. If I'm ever in the area, I'm definitely just going to Cape May.

We finished our Wawa foods and most of the beer in our flights and got on our way back home. Somewhere at the brewery Alycia made a comment about how she always finishes, so I asked "your beer, you mean?" That started a whole series of jokes for the rest of the night about how she always finishes. We also drank the last beer in our glasses simultaneously so she said "we finished at the same time!" It was a fun night and I was ready to do more, but once I got home and no one was up for anything I was happy enough to get in bed early. I talked to Becca on the phone for a bit about her amazing day hiking at the Grand Canyon before I put on Westworld and kept my eyes open for about half an episode.

No comments: