Thursday, December 22, 2016

Dec 22, 2016


I got to work to find out I had to cover my full first block I was supposed to have off. It doesn't usually bother me too much at Memorial, but it's been happening a lot lately. About a half hour before the end of the coverage Adrian ended up coming in to relieve me because he was assigned to that teacher for the day from Lakeside. It was enough time to run home and grab some food to bring back for lunch. The rest of the day went pretty well. No real problems at all and I was just reading on my computer the whole time.


It was nice outside after work so Becca and I high-tailed it to Parvin for a run. I took the Black Oak Trail because there were a lot of cars there so I wanted to avoid the people and also add some distance. I was feeling pretty good if a little slow. When I checked my phone a little over 3 miles in my phone turned off again. It pissed me off to no end so I stopped at about 3.25 miles after a pace of 8:40. Still not bad, but really annoying. When I got back to the dock Becca was sitting at the end and the scene was beautiful!


We went home and got ready for the night then drove down to Becca's boss Karen's house for pre-dinner cocktail hour. It wasn't really awkward, just unnecessary. I had a Bulleit on ice and then a glass of wine and the women and I boarded the bus to Atlantic City. I was feeling a little tipsy already but having a good time.


When we got to the restaurant it was even worse than it looked on the menu I checked out. It seemed like some old run-down restaurant you'd find at a midwest highway rest stop. The beer list left much to be desired. I met her friend Dan, who was really funny and the main thing that made the night fun. Her boss was a little strange, but ended up being really nice and came down to talk to me about craft beer for a long time.


I got quite a few Goose Island IPAs because that was literally the only thing remotely craft on the list. We got eggplant parm because the only other thing we could have gotten was pasta with marinara sauce. The food was good, I'll say that. I was looking forward to craft beer, which according to her boss this was supposed to be at a craft beer/wine bar with a pairing menu, so I think I wasn't alone in disappointment. In any case, the night ended up being pretty fun and we went back home afterward to get to bed relatively early.

No comments: