Thursday, December 15, 2016

Dec 15, 2016


I woke up to unexpected snow outside my windows, meaning I'd need to do some scraping before driving to work since the snow was light and icy, not fun and powdery. It was only a minimal delay before I got to Memorial and accepted my special ed job with coverage for a full block since a ton of teachers were out for a workshop. Still somehow they can't fill all the positions even with that notice. The day wasn't really bad, but it was long and I was tired. I co-taught with another sub, Lauren, during one class who seems pretty cool and wants to go skiing sometime. I got some Amazon Christmas shopping done during my last block.


Once my long day had ended I decided to go get at least one gift taken care of so I ran over to Bellview Winery to pick up a bottle for Becca. Hopefully she doesn't stumble across this blog before I give it to her. I got another bottle for Christie too. I feel like I'm making progress with gifts, but at the same time I still feel very behind. I ordered glass coasters online that I can insert photos into and they look like Polaroids. I wish I had come across them sooner, but with Amazon Prime I'm hoping I'll get them quickly and can find out if they'll be suitable to give to a bunch of people.


I decided to skip going to another store and went home for a nap instead. Of course it took me quite a while to actually get to the napping, but it was really nice once I did. I kind of wanted to just stay in bed after that, but I went to Becca's and we grappled over where to go to Through Being Cool or not. I was just feeling too tired for the drive to Philly and back so we ended up talking about future travel plans and mapped out a basic skeleton of what it might look like.


We spent a couple of hours going through the logistics of everything we'd (more like she'd) have to do before we left, including selling or renting her house out. We looked through the US, Europe, and gazed around the whole map to see places we would want to go. As always, my desire to just get on the road and keep going was prevalent, but I also know it was nice having a place of my own in Oregon. I really think I'd like to live there again.

No comments: