Monday, December 19, 2016

Dec 19, 2016


I woke up at some point in the night and went back to bed thinking, "I won't be getting out of bed before 10!" Somehow I forgot that I had work, and I was enjoying my long and restful sleep. I actually did wake up at a perfect time for work to not have to rush or anything, and it was nice to have gotten 8 hours for once. I worked at Silver Run for Child Study Team and it was an easy day. Meetings were short, lunch was long, and the last meeting was canceled so I left early. The perfect CST day.


I was unproductive after work, but it wasn't long before I went to Ryan's to finish Super Metroid. I thought it would only be an hour or so, but I had a lot left. It took me maybe another 2-2.5 hours to do it. And I started using the online maps to get around easier so that probably knocked some time off. Ryan played some Zelda then switched to Super Mario World while I struggled along. It's amusing to me how the final boss isn't really difficult at all compared to the other ones getting there. It's a fun game, but I don't want to play it again anytime soon.


On my way home I went to Shop Rite and got ingredients to cook quinoa with spinach, kale, and chickpeas with asparagus. I ran home and cooked it all quickly to great success. I was really happy with the results and I took it over to Becca's for when she got home from her long day. I brought my computer over with the intention of doing some work on it, but I wanted to mod the Wii first to play SNES games. What ended up happening was I spent the next 3 hours looking at videos and reading things about how to get it working. I finally did it! Except there's a lag from the controller to the screen. I decided to save that for another day.

No comments: