Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Jun 23, 2010

When I got to Lakeside in the morning I was presented with an easy choice: ACI or regular teacher. As ACI involves sitting in one room with silent students all day (and a teacher who is a little crazy), I chose the regular class. For most of the morning they sat in the auditorium for the end of the year awards ceremony. I went to Moe's for lunch with Erika and we ate in her office with a little time to spare before I had to go back to my last class and watch Armageddon. Pretty sweet day.

We went to the gym after I got done work and did circuits of exercises in the grass room with the jumping platforms and then did medicine ball exercises in other room.

It was quite hot out so we went to swim after. I always cool off from the gym before we get there so I don't get that immediate cooling off feeling but the water still feels great when it's 100 degrees.

I did some nothing for a while and later decided I wanted to do something so I picked up KatieB and went to Philly.

She hasn't seen many places so I showed her around the museum area while we waited for the pretzel factory to open. After midnight we went to get our pretzels and drinks because it was still pretty humid and gross out even at night.

Pretzels in hand, we walked around Old City for a while to see the typical landmarks as well as a lot of homeless people sleeping on the Mall. I wonder how often the security guards out here actually have to deal with an issue besides drunk people walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk.

It was a pretty good night to walk around the city, though I would have preferred some cooler weather. I came home, finished my pretzels and went to bed watching Entourage.

No comments: