Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jun 26, 2010

I picked up lunch to go at Moe's and went to my mom's house for a while. We ate and talked for a while while she showed off her new Droid phone. I want one.

I picked up the kayaks and then met Ryan at the river. As soon as we got moving we noticed a few trees that had fallen across the river that weren't there before. They weren't blocking our way, but it foreshadowed the coming problems we'd have.

There were far more instances where we had to maneuver around and over logs. It made it difficult at times but we managed to make it through them all without tipping over. The river is only a few feet deep at the most, yet I feel it's necessary to stay in the kayak at all times.

It made the calm parts even more enjoyable in contrast. The scenery was nice as always and the heat wasn't overpowering at any point.

I'd call the trip a success and I'm looking forward to going to somewhere that gives us more of a challenge in the form of rapids rather than logs.

I went home for a while before meeting Ryan for a swim a little later. It was still humid out so it was a great night for swimming and the pool felt even better than it did in the daytime. We did laps and they seemed easier for me this time.

I had plans to go out but they were canceled so I stayed in and tried to get to sleep early.

No comments: