Friday, June 11, 2010

Jun 11, 2010

Once again I didn't get a call for a job in the morning so I stayed home and watched some things until I got a call to pick up my computer. They didn't fix anything but they did tell me an alternate way to turn my computer on. So at least I can get on it now. A job came up for a half day at Silver Run so I took it. It couldn't have been easier. I only had a few kids at a time and I still had time in between.

Erika suggested we get lunch so I happily suggested we go to the Thai place. I love the way everything is presented there. Whether I get sushi or something more elaborate like this, it's always laid out nicely.

The food itself looked pretty awesome too. I got vegetable curry. It could have been spicier but I enjoyed it. Erika seemed to enjoy her Pad Thai since it was her first time. I'm glad I got leftovers since looking at this is making me hungry again.

Katie and Chuck met up with me and we went to Philly and had a few beers at The Abbaye.

The Duck-Rabbit Brewery was the showcased brewery so the beers were on special. They had a good collection of tasty beer. I only tried two of them and enjoyed them both.

We walked down the block to the N Crowd Improv show. We picked up our tickets and used the bathroom wallpapered by M. Night Shyamalan that looked like a private detective's office before going upstairs and taking our seats in the small theater with several rows of folding chairs lined up.

The enthusiastic group of improv comics came out and got right into it. It was very similar to Whose Line Is It Anyway? Most of the skits and bits they did were really funny. The ones that weren't didn't hurt the overall performance. They took suggestions from the crowd on almost every skit so we were involved. They were a fun group and they seemed to be having a great time. Definitely worth the trip.

We went back to The Abbaye on the way back to the car for some mac and cheese and another beer. I want this to be my local bar. I guess I need to move to Philly.

We came home too late to go to a movie so we just hung out talking for a while before I headed home to sleep.

No comments: