Friday, June 25, 2010

Jun 25, 2010

I woke up with an urge to go kayaking so I called up Jimmy who has been trying to get on the water all week and we headed to Laurel Lake. We went to the other side of the bridge where I hadn't been before and promptly left after being attacked by tons of bugs.

It was a really nice day to be out on the water. We went over the opposite end of the lake to the inlet and took a break, enjoying the scenery.

I really like this picture and the lily pads in this area of the lake. It's really calm over there so they just look like green spots on the water. There was nowhere else to go after that so we headed back to the dock.

This is the proper way to carry a kayak. If you ask me. It's probably not good for your neck.

We dropped off the kayaks and then went to play a game of disc golf. We met a guy that was out from Texas who asked if he could play with us since our course is pretty hard to navigate, especially now that half of it is flooded. He was a nice guy and a good golfer. We played as many holes as we could and then Jimmy and I went to his house to have lunch and watch The Daily Show.

Ryan met up with me back at the course where we ran most of the holes, doing marine squat push-ups at each basket. It was quite exhausting and by the end I was beat.

We went for a much needed swim after exercising. It was a good workout but I felt like doing more. After I cooled off in the pool I felt fine again.

We changed our plans a little for the night so Christie and Tracy picked me up and went to Landmark. I haven't been there probably since a random Quizzo night during last semester.

I was drinking Shock Top all night since they were on special. The DJ was not entertaining at all so I entertained myself by doing this with my napkin. We had a waitress who only asked the question, "Are you guys okay?" We were.

We talked about plans for the summer that will probably not happen... but we always like to talk about them anyway. I practiced making faces while everyone else smiled like normal. I was also excited because I got my beer and Christie's took a long time. We also finally got the DJ to play some songs we wanted to hear and it got much better right as we were leaving. It would.

We did some night swimming at Christie's for a short time. It was pretty chilly after getting in the water. The pool wasn't completely filled either so it was hard to stay all the way under. A warm shower felt good after that.

I was extremely tired once I got home and I passed out immediately. Really good day though.

No comments: