Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jun 20, 2010

When we were both up and ready, Ryan and I went to Wildwood to Morey's Pier water park. It was a very hot and humid day so we couldn't wait to get in the water.

There were very few lines so it didn't take long before we were sitting on a water slide and heading for the big pool at the bottom. They always look as if they're longer than they really are...

We did pretty much all of the slides in a short period of time. This one surprised me because I skimmed halfway across the pool when I got to the bottom.

We went to both piers, which are a little farther from one another than they should be. We realized that with age comes more fear of rides like these when you notice how close to the edge you are sometimes.

The rope swing and the big drop slide are some of my favorites here. I really just like this photo.

Unable to do anything simply relaxing, we had a few challenges that were all similar. We went across these ropes two different ways and did a few more similar water crossings on the cargo nets.

We did eventually get down to relaxation though. We took a couple of laps around the lazy river in style. The lifeguards are really just there to make you feel better, they don't actually do anything. When they do, they aren't happy about it.

When I got home I threw a frisbee around with Jimmy for a little while and then we decided to go play a game of disc golf. We played what we could of the front holes. While the course has dried up a lot, some of it is still covered in water and other parts have become overgrown and neglected.

I was craving pizza so I ordered one and went to Erika's to eat it and watch some television. We played a game of Clue, which I lost with overconfidence, and then watched some survival shows on Discovery on demand.

When he gets back, he's gonna be one happy hippie.

No comments: