Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jun 24, 2010

I got a surprise phone call in the morning offering me a job at Lakeside. I didn't expect anything on the last day of school and even when I got there it seemed like they didn't know what to do with me. I was supposed to be in for one teacher but I got bounced around a bit and ended up just sitting in the auditorium with all the 8th graders for their "Step Up" ceremony, which is essentially a graduation to high school. It was fairly boring but it wasn't hard work so I can't complain.

I went to Chili's with my dad for lunch and got the soup and salad combo. They give you a lot of food. The sweet corn soup is amazing. It was a very filling lunch.

I went home for a while and tried to figure out what to do since the night's plans had been canceled. I didn't come up with anything but I met Diebra and Chuck at Moe's for dinner. I wasn't hungry but I got some cookies and sat with them to talk.

That was the best part of my night. I did actually go grocery shopping for the first time since I've been back from the trip. That's something. The rest of the night was spent watching Entourage. Very exciting. Come on.

No comments: