Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jan 27, 2010

The morning began with Art History, which seemed to last a while and my laptop died during the class and I had to take notes by hand in the dark. I don't know why he feels the needs to keep the room completely dark. It's impossible to take notes without light. After class I went to my first Live Events committee meeting. We talked about the upcoming bands and speakers coming to campus and what we would be doing with them.

We had a guest speaker in Photojournalism who used to work at the Philadelphia Inquirer. He showed us a lot of his images from his years of work in Philly and abroad. He had some amazing shots and he was pretty inspiring. Having speakers who have worked in the field we're studying should be a really cool way to learn more.

After the speaker was finished, we had to go out and take photos of each other to show our stuff. We were told to get interesting so I climbed over the cement fence where the generators are kept to get some shots through the holes.

I got some cool shots through the crevices and holes and the rest of the group got some good ones of me climbing in and looking out through the holes.

The roof was open so we didn't want to pass up the opportunity to get some interesting shots. There were some good views up there and we got some good shots from up there. After the shoot, we went back to class to show our images.

Sculpture was fun; we started working on our wax pieces. It's interesting material to work with, as it's really hard to mold until you work with it for a while. We held it over a hot plate to make it easier to mold and started shaping our stuff. It took a lot of class but my snail is starting to come around.

After getting something to eat, I spent most of the night in Westby working on my Graphic Design squares project. After getting kicked out of the building because we were there too late, we watched some tv while looking over photos and planning for the next day.

No comments: