Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 24, 2010

I went to the Looking Glass in the morning with my mom for breakfast. I haven't seen her in a while so we had a chance to talk while I had a breakfast burrito and she had these delicious looking crepes. I wish I got those..

I picked up Joanna and we headed to Carousel Park in Delaware to play disc golf. It was nicer than the last time we were there even though it rained a little bit when we first got there.

The course was still difficult but fun. Joanna couldn't keep her discs out of the water but we both steered clear of the the big pond. There were at least three discs out on the ice that we couldn't reach as well. Too bad.

I had an awesome drive on hole 16 where I put it about ten feet from the basket. I missed the putt though. No luck today.

We found our way to Iron Hill to play as much as we could. It was raining a bit when we got there but it stopped shortly after. The course is always muddy as it is but it was even more so this time.

Joanna made an amazing putt from about thirty feet through the trees. It was awesome. We played to hole nine and then headed out so we had time to get dinner.

We went down the road to Home Grown. This time we got a lot less food. I got a veggie burger that was really good.. not the best ever though.

We went to Harmony Grange for the acoustic show and got there just before Vinnie Caruana went on. He played a handful of Movielife songs, I Am the Avalanche and solo things. He was really good and funny between songs while he tuned his guitar. He seemed a little disappointed in the crowd not singing along with him but he looked like he was having fun.

JT from Hawthorne Heights played in after Vinnie but he was pretty annoying; bad songs and he talked too much. Anthony Raneri (of Bayside) came out right after him and got right into the songs. He knew what we were there for. He played a lot of great songs. Only a few of his own solo stuff, mostly Bayside songs and a few great covers.

The set was pretty long and everyone was singing along. Anthony seemed really grateful to everyone for coming. It was cool to hear some explanations behind a few of my favorite songs as well.

The show was over pretty early so we came back and watched some tv before sleep time.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I went to the looking glass for the first time today, it was soooo good haha.

and it's good to know vinne is still doing stuff. does he have out solo albums or something? I should just look it up haha

Joanna said...

typo.