Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mar 28, 2009

Ryan and I got up early and headed back to Tyler Disc Golf Course for our first Tournament. We registered and took some practice shots before we were rounded up and put in groups.

We met our third and headed off to our first tee. We hung up our bags and waited for the official start.

We started on hole one, which was lucky for us because it was close. We played through all 27 holes, learning some things about tournament rules while we were at it. The guy with us was nice and helpful so that was a plus.

I finished the first round in the low 90s. We took a break for lunch and went to the grocery store to eat at the salad bar. We returned and did some practice until it was time to start round 2. Ryan and I were separated by score into other groups.

The next round was only 18 holes and the group wasn't as fun just because they weren't very talkative. I had a good time anyway though and a pretty good game. I finished that round in the 60s and ended up with a final score of 160 for the tournament.

After we finished and handed in the scorecards we waited in the pavilion for the tally and announcement of winners.

I ended up tied for eighth place in my division and was awarded with a free Roc with Tyler Park graphics. I was happy enough with that prize.

Later, Katie and I went to hang out with Christie and Tracy. We watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and drank a good amount. We tried to play Wii for a while but that got old fast. We had a lot of fun just hanging out and laughing though. Good day.

No comments: