Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mar 14, 2009

Chuck and Nate met me at my house in the morning and we drove to the Philly disc golf course only to find that they were having a tournament. At this course, it means we can't even play.

A little disappointed, we headed to Sarcone's deli to get sandwiches for later. I got a veggie hoagie which turned out to be amazing. I will return for another of those.

We decided to check out Iron Hill, a course that was recommended to us, in Delaware. It was a bit confusing and hard to figure out which baskets went with which tees. They had concrete pro tees and nice markers but no numbers on the baskets or maps to tell us where to shoot. Also, I'm not sure why I like this picture so much.. it just makes me laugh.

We agreed to cut the game short at hole 6 and head to Lum's Pond where we knew we would enjoy ourselves.

I had a pretty good game. We actually kept score for the first time in a while. It was a nice cool day with no wind so we could play without interference.

Before we left, Nate showed us a disc rainbow.

Shortly after we got back, Katie, Jeff, Sam and I went to Atlantic City. We went to Firewater's first for some drinks.

It was the first time I'd been out with Jeff for some time and AC is always fun.

I got a really good beer, I forget what it's called, but it's Troegs.

It was time for our reservation so we headed down to P.F. Chang's. We ran into Cory with his sister and people for her twenty first birthday.

We got some really good vegetarian foods. It was a nice atmosphere and not too expensive at all. I'm surprised I've never been there.

We had lots of food and good conversations/debates and found another place that we can come back to soon.

It was a good day all around from the disc golf morning to the amazing veggie sandwich to the night out in AC. A nice start to my spring break.

No comments: