Friday, March 27, 2009

Mar 27, 2009

I subbed for History at the Senior High in the morning. I had to cover for a Spanish teacher at one point, where I found this penguin with pants and all his parts labeled in Spanish.

Nate and I went for a game after work where we saw the broken disc we found the other day moved, so I set up a memorial for it.

After the game I went to get ready and met everyone for a quick practice at Jeff's, then we headed to Bridgewater Pub to load in.

We set up but were having some technical difficulties with tuning and sound.

We brought in the experts to help.

And we finally got it set right.

We started our set eventually, playing a lot of songs we hadn't played in a while.

We played our older covers of Journey and Dave Matthews Band.

We played some of our new songs like "You're in Nassau" and "That's Why You Always Leave a Note." They went well.

We played some Blink 182 covers, which Dave came up to help us out with. That was a lot of fun.

We even got a request (from Dave) for Taking Back Sunday's "There's No I in Team" and we obliged. We finished up with a new cover and some originals.

It was a good set, then we mingled with the crowd.

We checked out the next band, PROTEST, who had us out. They were all great guys and their music was good bar tunes too.

We all decided to go to Applebee's after the show. I got a big plate of quesadilla without bacon. We stayed until no one else was in the place and they were basically begging us to leave. Our waitress hated us, we had ten people, I think... Jennell, Jamie, Nate, Katie, Chuck, SamnJeff, Christie, her cousin and me.. yep, ten.

I had a great time playing the show. It was nice to finally play again after three months off. They actually liked us I guess because they booked us for another show in the near future!

No comments: