Thursday, February 9, 2017

Feb 9, 2017


I got plenty of sleep after getting home late and then got up and had a nice morning to relax because my first CST meeting wasn't until 11. Even though it had snowed overnight school wasn't canceled and it was melting by then. I went to Mt. Pleasant for one meeting then had two hours off so I took my car in to check out the burning oil smell. James Brown allayed my fears, telling me it's a very small oil leak that I needn't be concerned with. With that good news I went on to finish the day at Wood School and Holly Heights.


After work I had PT for my thumb again. The doctor was back this time and when he asked if it was feeling better I actually realized it hasn't been hurting as much or as noticeably. I'm not sure if I'm just getting more used to it, but I hope this is actually helping.


Becca's late home case was canceled so we were able to go meet Alycia and Jackie at Kelly Green Brewing. We did a flight of their 6 beers. They were all pretty good, but I really liked the coffee stout. I was definitely in the mood for that one.


We went next door to Human Village Brewing to sample their offerings as well. I enjoyed a lot of theirs, especially the lighter ones. The Godiva chocolate stout didn't really do it for me. I liked that both of the breweries were different, but they weren't loud. We went back to Kelly Green for a glass of the coffee stout before calling it a night. I met their brewer and we talked about music after I heard Saosin playing on the speakers. He was a really nice guy.


Becca and I headed into Philly, stopped at Barcade for a minute and didn't find anything on the list that excited us then headed to the Barbary without jackets in the cold. It's okay because it was quite warm inside. We actually got there before Through Being Cool even started and saw the last song of the band that was on stage.


It was an awesome night of great music and lots of PBR. I think this is the first time I've been to a full show. It felt long, but it was lots of fun. I think we both lost a little of our voices. Becca seemed to be having much more fun at this one, but the Barbary is always better.

No comments: