Saturday, February 4, 2017

Feb 4, 2017


We began the day right-- with pancakes. Halfway into making them we realized we didn't have any almond milk, but I remembered that I had a free coffee coupon for Wawa so I ran down the street, filled up a 24oz cup with soy milk, presented my free coupon, and returned moments later to save the day.


We enjoyed our pancakes while being entertained both by an episode of Flaked and watching the cats act very much like cats. Loki chased his tail quite a bit and kept sitting in the sunlight.


Around noon we headed back to Glasstown for their bottle release. There was a line at the door as people were excited to get a lot of beer, but we waited until they opened up to get out of the car and into the cold. We saw Lance, who was quite far ahead of us in line as well. We waited in line for a little while and I bought a bottle of the 3rd Anniversary Murder, Inc. for Chuck before we grabbed a flight and found a corner of a table to sit at. The Double Bourbon Brown was great, the Murder was much better than I expected, and the Danky Jr. tasted better today than last night. All around good beer as usual. And some lady got really passive aggressive about me sitting in the stool she thought was hers but that she wasn't sitting in for ten minutes.


We came home and made some tofu scramble for lunch and watched some more Flaked. It's really good. We also took out the frozen bananas we put in the freezer this morning and blended them to make some banana ice cream with peanut butter. It was a nice healthyish dessert. Johanna asked me to go get coffee so I meet her at the Starbucks Cafe. We had a great chat about traveling, tinnitus, and social media. I also was happy to have a cold brew again.


When I got back it was late, but we got ourselves right out onto the trails at Silver Run for three miles of running up and down hills and watching our footing as it got progressively darker. I felt great the whole time and I wished we could have kept going. It was nice to get out and be active a little bit for day anyway.


When we got home I had to put my fingers in Becca's eye to help her remove her newly-acquired contact lenses. It was weird. But once that was done we went to Tomo Sushi in Glassboro for Dan's birthday dinner with him and several of his other friends. Becca got him a Cider from the liquor store next door, and we got a six-pack of Tarte Nouveau to have with dinner. It was a nice time replete with a heavy-handed waitress who slammed down our glasses and knocked over my beer, spilling it on the table, and almost taking out people with the food tray more than once. Other than that it was a lovely night of good food and conversation. We didn't go on to the house party portion of the night, opting to relax back at home and get a few things done in the quiet. Like write this blog. Productivity, people.

No comments: