Saturday, February 11, 2017

Feb 11, 2017


Becca left early to go skiing while I slept in. I spent the morning watching Snowden which was really great, then I met Alex at Larry's II for a poetry meetup. Jody and his wife were there and Ian also came. It wasn't a lot of people, but it was overall interesting, if not pretty awkward. The guy who hosted it was nice, but tried a little hard to be funny. 


Alex read a great piece of hers and there was a thing where everyone writes a line using the first word that the last person left for them. It turned out to be a funny and pretty good poem. I left to go run at Parvin, but when I got there the place was so crowded that I didn't even get out of my car. I couldn't bring myself to get on the narrow trail knowing I would have to be yelling out and passing people nearly the whole time.


I should have done something active anyway since it was quite nice out, but I didn't. I did go to meet Steve and Haylie at Tomfoolery Brewing in Hammonton later though. We got the full flight, which was disappointing overall. The only beer I would want again was the Sungrown IPA.


We went over to the neighboring brewery, Three 3's, for another big flight. This one had six-ounce tasters so it ended up being a lot. The beers there were much better overall; mostly IPAs and a lot of them were similar. I would go back to this place again. We had a fun time even though Haylie doesn't like beer. She hung in there and tried some. I went back to Becca's after and we got to bed pretty quickly.

No comments: