Friday, February 17, 2017

Feb 17, 2017


After a morning of hanging with Becca, packing up my stuff, and then unsuccessfully trying to install a copy of Microsoft Office on her computer I headed north on the Turnpike on the way to New York. Quite a while into my drive I realized I had forgotten to put my bike in the car, and that was the main reason I wanted to go to the city in the first place. I took a beat to consider my options and decided to make it a disc golf outdoor weekend since it was supposed to be in the 60s. I went to Greystone Woods DGC, where I encountered a lot of snow and mud. The course was fun, but it was a little too muddy so I stopped after 9 holes.


I went to Whole Foods for dinner and sat there on my computer downloading a few things and watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee while I chatted with Ryan about skiing. Next stop was REI, where I finally got myself a patch for my sleeping pad. To my surprise the tape patch worked amazingly well and quickly. I'll be carrying that stuff with me.


I found a rest area along I-80 in north Jersey where I could park for the night and got settled fairly early. It was a nice place to park and no one bothered me. I watched some things including Happy Christmas as I got comfortable and fell asleep in the back.

No comments: