Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

I worked a half day at Lakeside, where I had one class of students after their awards assembly. They had a little cupcake party and even gave me one. How sweet.. And some of the kids had me sign their shirts. I thought it was funny but they were being really nice and it was quite enjoyable to see them having a good time before moving on to high school.

I met Chuckles at Wildflower for some vegan sushi. It was pretty good despite the tiny little awkward cup of soy sauce they gave me to dip the giant pieces of sushi in.

I got home in time to get my package from the UPS guy. It's good to have this guy back.

My grandmother wanted some seafoods so we went to Red Lobster. I can't remember the last time I was there. I got this colorful array of deliciousness. It was a good meal. I located my lost pack and finished getting ready for the trip when I got home.

I met Ryan at his house and we picked up Nathan at 30th Street Station and began our journey south. The traffic wasn't too bad, but it was raining really hard for a lot of the drive. We only hit one area of slow traffic.

When we arrived at Shenandoah National Park we picked out a nice looking site and pitched our tents and our rain overhang for extra protection. It was a nice setup.

We all settled into our personal tents and I, for one, fell asleep pretty quickly after the long day and drive.

No comments: