Monday, June 13, 2011

Jun 13, 2011

Back to work with the kids who keep getting worse. I had to give them their actual final this time and they were not happy about it even though I had been telling them since day one that this is when we'd be doing it. I had to send a few out, but after that most of them were pretty good. I know it's the last week of school, but come on!

I picked up the truck and kayaks after work and met Shannon at the river for some fun times. We got the boats in the water and started out with smiles all over our faces.

The current pulled us along pretty good and there were quite a few new obstacles that recent storms had put in place for us. Way more trees than there had been across the water before.

Ah, the fun times in the beginning. Taking a quick break on a log, unaware of the insanity to follow.

It may look like post-hurricane damage, but actually it's the good part of the story. Shannon capsized and went under, swimming a bit before she realized it was shallow enough to stand. I grabbed the boat and we got it to the edge of the river where I devised a way to dump it out: get it up in the tree. It worked very well and we got her back in and on our way. The rest of the trip was a bit hairy but no one went in.

We were both really hungry after the trip so we went to Kawa and got some curry and hot tea. It was all great and I ate my whole plate of food. We each had a bunch of tea also to warm up. Good times!

I went up to the park to play a few games of tennis with Christy under the lights. There were some guys next to us that made us feel even worse than we are. We got the boot from the park rangers when the park was closing and we had to run away to another place to talk.

I stopped by Westby to drop the key off on my way home and then got to bed a little late because I needed a snack. Oh well.

No comments: