Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jun 11, 2011

It was a beautiful day for some outside activities so I put my bike in the car and went over to Parvin to ride for a bit. I rode around the lake twice (it seems so much quicker on a bike!) and then I found a spot to park it before running.

I decided to run on the back trails that I never go on because they are less-traveled and somewhat grown over. It was a poor choice if only because of the annoyance of the mud and branches across my face. I cut back to the regular trail and finished out around 2.7 miles before walking back to my bike and riding back to the car. It was a good run and I got to listen to Stuff You Should Know on the walk.

I picked up Chuck and headed up to The Abbaye for our last Beer Week event: Left Hand Brewery. There was quite an offering, including several beers we'd never heard of.

The night was good with beer and I liked all of the beers I tried. One was a bit fruity, but the dark ones were great. Even the pilsner was good. After the event was over I drank up water and ice until Chuck had finished three glasses of Johnny Walker of different colors and then we headed home.

I met Ryan for a run in Vineland. Always good to run after drinking. I ran a little less than two miles and I was exhausted after that.

We walked around the area for a while and talked about upcoming things we're doing, then I dropped him off at home and came home for sleep.

No comments: