Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jun 9, 2011

Day two of the Spanish class was a little worse than the first day. Maybe I thought they were better than they really were because of my expectations, but it seems to have worked the opposite way this time. I had to yell at them a few times and send people out this time. I understand that it's boring and pointless work though. The crossword puzzles weren't even made correctly.

Chuck and I went up to The Abbaye again for Global Beer night. There were several really good beers, including one made with jasmine and another dark, coffee/chocolate beer which complemented one another very nicely. We talked to a guy that looked like the magician Penn, who represented Penn Beer.. interesting.

I didn't drink too much after I had sample the selection of Global available. We got some food (finally) and I hung out, talked to Alex again and then Anthony joined us for Quizzo once it finally got underway. This time was not quite as fun as last time and there was a really long break between the first two rounds. I was just ready to go.

Needless to say, we did not win the quiz and we got home late. The beer was good, the night was fun, the quiz and the service left something to be desired.

No comments: