Monday, June 20, 2011

Jun 20, 2011

I met Ryan at the gym for some exercises after getting pumped up watching Spartan Race videos. We did some things that might relate to it and then did this short, but exhausting little course while carrying 90 pounds. We are so not ready.

When I got home I felt like going for a run. The weather was really nice and I took the usual route around the neighborhood and down the river trail back to the house.

I picked up Dave a little later and we headed to Baltimore. We got there early and found out we had a lot of time before the show started so we got to drinking at the bar next door.

After the specials were done, we went back to the car to stash some of our stuff and Dave got out his homemade wine. That's where things started to go wrong.

Here's where they just went all wrong. Dave wanted to do some shots and I was not of sound mind to object so we did some. Lucky for me, I won a bet so I didn't have to pay for them. It's called "Way Away."

Speaking of Yellowcard, we went in a little before they started and they played a super energetic set as they always do. I didn't stop moving much during their time on stage. I was exhausted and we went out for a break and some water at the bar.

We came back in to see Good Charlotte take the stage and play through a bunch of great songs. They played a ton of old stuff and some things I never expected to hear. Great set!

The drive home was long, but at least it started with a quesadilla from Sheetz. Dave slept for the ride home, and I was in the zone. It wasn't as unbearable as I'd have expected.

No comments: