Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jun 14, 2011

I got a very much-needed and much-appreciated day of rest without any students today thanks to Field Day. I had a homeroom and I had to cover ACI for one period, but otherwise I didn't have any classes. I did some reading, played some Angry Birds and watched The Mighty Boosh all day. Wonderful.

After work I met my mom at Moe's for lunch. We each had salads and they were quite good. We got a chance to talk about what's going on and such so we're going to try to do it more often.

Ryan and I went over to the course and laid out our training run for the Spartan Race in September. We incorporated running/swimming through water so we'd be used to running wet and then set up a few obstacles along the way.

We did a marine crawl across the volleyball sand pit, a brick carry up and down a steep hill, and two workout stations around the path. We did two laps around and it was tough at times. I felt weak during the exercises, but I'm glad I held up well on the running portion. We have a lot of work to do.

I came home and did a bunch of updating, watched some Fringe and now it's bed time.

No comments: