Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15, 2011

I worked my last full day at Lakeside for the year. The students were pretty checked out already, of course. I put on a video but they didn't pay it much attention. They were too busy signing yearbooks and trying to go to other classes that were having parties. The day went pretty quickly though as I read my book though.

After work I came home for food and then headed up to Philly with Joanna, where we played nine holes at Sedgley instead of hiking because of time. Philly traffic will do that. It was good, but I did spend a lot of time searching for one disc that I ended up finding.

We headed over to the REI store in Conshohocken for a Backpacking seminar put on by Backpacker magazine. We joined the group and the man and woman hosts, who were also a couple, gave us the rundown on what kind of gear to bring, how to plan ahead, and how to lighten our load when on long trips. They were really helpful and made me want to get out there and do more. They also did a raffle and I won a set of lightweight steel cutlery.

After being motivated to do something, we went to the bar and played Quizzo with the group. We got there for the last three rounds and ended up placing sixth. Some of the questions we were present for were fun though. And it was fun getting our waitress's attention.

I went to sleep later knowing that there was only one more day left with those students and then summer begins..

No comments: