Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jun 12, 2011

I wasn't sure what I'd be doing today, but since it was the last day of Art in the Open in Philly along the Schuylkill River, I decided to go up and check it out and meet Leslie from Philadelphia Sculptors at the same time. She had a piece in the show so she was easy to find.

Her piece had to do with memory and each person who chose to be a part of it had to choose an image that related to a memory and give a thumbs up or down to tell whether it was good or bad. Then she emails the photo to you. Interesting concept. I like the actual piece better than the interactive part. We talked for a while about what I would be doing for the organization and then I headed out after she kept having to stop to give people the rundown on her sculpture.

I went over to Wissahickon Creek and did a little bit of climbing before taking to the trails and running up and down the rocky hills. It was an awesome place to run, I wish it were closer. I ran most of the way around until it got too steep and I walked a bit.

I took a trail I didn't know and then found my way back to a familiar area where I ran the rest of the way back for a total of almost three miles at a really good pace somehow. Always a fun spot to come and now I have another reason.

I climbed down to the rocks in the stream and chilled there for a while eating trail mix until I was cooled off and ready to get going.

I went over to Sedgley, which was packed full of people. Discs everywhere. I managed to play four or five holes before I decided that it wasn't worth the trouble and waiting around. I came home and had some good food.

Ryan came over a bit later and went to the cemetery for a run. We did a timed run this time so we set a twenty minute limit and we ran around the paths wherever we wanted until time was up. I ran 2.5 miles. It seems to be my magic number, but I was happy with my pace.

Lots of running today. It felt good to shower and lay down after all that. I feel much better being able to run frequently again.

No comments: