Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Jan 18, 2017


I worked CST meetings at Memorial for the first part of the day. I was in the gym for Kessler for the whole time. Adrian was subbing also and we got to talk during one class which helped it go by quickly. There was a lot of little off time, but I went home at noon since Kessler had off afterward. I went to get my thumb x-ray at CDI later and had to sit and wait for a while. I watched Obama's last press conference in the waiting room.


I met Becca at Parvin for a run since the rain had stopped and it was relatively warm. I ran in shorts and t-shirt and I felt really good the whole time. I ran an 8:14 pace which made me happy. I want to get back into running longer and faster.


We got showered and headed to The Abbaye for Sterling Pig's U Buy the Glass Night. We started with the Shoat Pilsner and Pata Negra, both of which were really good. The Simcoe IPA, Saison du Cochon, and Piggy Stardust tripel were all good as well. Our waiter was awkward, but nice, and he kept commenting on the fact that we didn't want whichever beer he brought over in the pitcher. Becca and I shared the wings and a cheesesteak, both as good as always. It was nice sharing it and not feeling like I had to finish the sandwich or pick one of the two. The best part of the evening was Jorge walking by at the end with a pitcher, pointed at Becca's glass then to her, raised his eyebrows, then made the cut off sign with his hand across his neck. It was silently hilarious.

No comments: