Thursday, January 12, 2017

Jan 12, 2017


It was a surprisingly quick and easy day at Memorial subbing for choir. It was also beautiful and warm outside so I didn't want to be in there at all. We had a fire drill at the end of the day just to rub it in a little bit.


Becca met me after work for a run because there was no way we couldn't get outside for a little bit. We ran two miles kind of fast along the river trail. It was really nice, but we both felt like we weren't used to the warmth. We saw the mother bald eagle again, but by the time I got back with my camera she was gone.


Once Becca was done work she surprised me with a puzzle of the arch from Canyonlands. It's a pretty picture, but the puzzling has been a pain in the ass to start with. The black border has been really difficult. What is puzzle lighting anyway? I always forget how much the glare affects it.


During all that we also made sweet potato gnocchi. It was a much more involved process than I remember and we had to keep adding flour to get it right. Much kneading and rolling and boiling and frying later we had a delicious meal. We watched a couple episodes of Love, did some more puzzling, and got to bed somewhat early.

No comments: