Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feb 4, 2009

It was a beautiful, snowy morning with a bright blue sky so I wanted to be outside. Nate suggested snow golf and I was all for it. The course looked great covered in white.

We played the first half of the course and then Ryan joined us for the back half. I almost lost my Wolf on hole two, but Ryan aided in the search and rescue efforts that led to its retrieval. It was fun playing our course in deeper snow, since we actually knew where all the tees and pins were, we didn't need footprints to follow. After some snowball throwing and shuffleboard on the iced over pond, we parted ways. Katie and I tried to find something to use as a sled... even a sled.. but we couldn't find anything. Maybe next time.

After we got changed, we picked up Tracy and headed up Philly for happy hour. We went to Manny Brown's for some drinks and Sam met us there shortly thereafter.

We set up our end zone coasters but never used them. We had a great time talking about school and work and everything. It's been a while since we'd seen Sam.

We moved on to Gianna's after the bar. We all got vegan pizza and it was delicious. I had one with grilled veggies on it that was amazing. Much better than their cheesesteak, I must say.

Sam had to head home after pizza, but we went to Yakitori Boy again for a Blue Moon and more mochi ice cream. They had green tea this time! I was excited about that but I actually liked the strawberry better.

We drove home over a sheet of ice on Race Street and past the exit on 55 and Tracy gave me my awesome birthday/Christmas presents when we got back to her car: a bag of Zagnuts (they used to be my favorite candy of all time, and I guess they still are!), an Augusten Burroughs book that I haven't read yet, and a t-shirt that I will show off later! She's good at gifts. Katie and I watched some of Trainspotting before I got really tired and decided to head home. All that beer makes me sleepy.

No comments: