Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feb 26, 2009

Today was a very full day. I started off at Lakeside working as a "bilingual teacher," though I'm not sure I can take that title since I'm only monolingual, plus a little French and Russian. The kids were not crazy all the time and when they were, it was like white noise because I couldn't understand them.

I left there and went to Rowan where I had two meals in the lounge. I had lunch when I got there, then two classes, then I had dinner and left. During Art History, our professor spent ten minutes talking about the cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch and then tried to keep lecturing after it was time to go as I walked by him.

I came right from school to Hangar 84 to work security again for the Mae show. A lot of good bands opened up, Luminous, Alert the Media, The New Sabrosa, Cassonova Brown and Walk of Fame. I enjoyed it all. I basically got to hang out with my friends, watch great music and get paid for it.

It was the singer's birthday so they brought out a cake and sang to him. Then, after taking a bite, he remarked how terrible the frosting was.

Katie brought some sweet cards for the band with Gary on them to pass out.

After the show we hung out in the green room for a while, eating and talking. Mae's singer continued eating the bad cake.

Some people were drunk Not me.

It was a long day but I enjoyed pretty much all of it.. save for the kids in the bilingual class.

No comments: