Monday, June 9, 2008

Jun 8, 2008

My nephew was born this morning at 10:25am. Aiden Joseph Brett.

These are the specifics courtesy of the clear plastic roller crib.

I went up to Kennedy Hospital to see my sister and the new baby. It's crazy for me to think she has a child now.

Devon, new dad.

Everyone was taking pictures of Aiden so my mom put my sunglasses on him since he flinched every time a flash went off.

After I finished with the hospital, I came back to town, picked up Chuck and headed for Brooklyn.

We got to Union Hall with no problem except the occasional traffic jam.

We had some time to kill before the show, so we hung out in the bar. It's really awesome there, unlike any bar I've been to. They have bocce ball inside, bookshelves full of books, no TVs and a bunch of great beer on tap. We both had a couple of beers and ordered a snack.

We lined up for a short time and were the among the first people inside the room to pick our seats. As you can see, our seats were right in front. Mike Birbiglia came out shortly after we were seated and spent more time on stage than he planned. Everything he said was hilarious. It was great seeing him again after last week with Demetri.

He was nice enough to take some pictures with us after the performance.

He seemed like a really great guy as well as a great comedian. He also said the he has Google Alerts on himself, so Mike Birbiglia, if you're reading this because of your alerts, thanks for a sweet show and we'll look forward to seeing your again soon!

I stopped to take this shot on the way back to the car because it just seemed so Brooklyn to me if that makes sense. The moon and the buildings just seemed very fitting for where we were. I'll try to touch it up a bit and post it on A (snap)Shot in the Dark soon.

The ride home wasn't bad at all. We didn't hit any traffic and we were home before midnight. Definitely a good night.

No comments: