Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dec 14, 2007



Above: Giving my last speech for class at CCC

Always thought this was really cool. Leaf prints on the sidewalk.


Sign language. She's doing "turtle."


Above: Leaving my last class after my final.


On my way out for the last time.
















Today turned out to be a really good day. I was dreading it.. sort of. I knew I had my last two speeches and my final today, so the outlook wasn't good. Since I am the best procrastinator ever (that's why it's one of my majors), I managed to only pick out the famous speech I would read last night. I didn't even read over it, just picked one out. That's all I did before falling asleep to Arrested Development. And after hitting the snooze on my phone for the alarm I set for 10am and then the one I set for 11am, I got up at 11:30 with an hour before my speeches had to be given and no speech written.
I went to school and printed my famous speech out and wrote some notes on an index card for what I wanted to say for my other one. I got to class, volunteered to go first and delivered "Let Us Continue," the eulogy/Presidential inaugaration speech by Lyndon B. Johnson. I thought I did very well. After the rest of the class went, I was chosen to go first to give my persuasive speech to assassinate a dictator. I argued that the fictional dicator of Durkastan should be taken out with force asap. After the speech, I was grilled with questions on the morality and precedent it might set just to make it seem more real. I think I held my own against the professors questions. He turned out to not be such a bad guy after all. He told me I had a 99 average in the class and with today's speeches it would stay the same. I left there happy. Then I went and picked up Casie at Staples to bring her to class so we could take our Env. Sci. final. Neither of us studied and we had both only been to one class for the topics we'd be covering. I actually thought it was fairly easy for not knowing much ahead of time. I don't expect to ace it, but I think I'll pass. And then I left the CCC campus for the last time (as a student, at least.)
I guess I have a lot to say or I'm feeling long-winded tonight. After the test and dropping Casie home, I went to Jimmy's to play Rock Band, since he received it today. Steve came over with his XBox for us to use and Lauren came over shortly thereafter to rock out with us. I think the pictures speak for themselves on this one. After Steve left with the fun machine, we sat around and talked for a while about things, Sam played with my camera and then I came home. I'm still not tired, but I feel like it's really close to Christmas and it never actually feels like it. I have lots of things to do and buy before the day arrives. It's 4, so I guess I'll go to bed now.

No comments: