Saturday, January 4, 2014

Jan 4, 2014

I got up somewhat early in hopes of going to the gym, but I decided to stay home and work out since I had the house to myself. I did jump rope sets with push ups in between for twenty minutes while watching The Daily Show. I wish I had more time to myself at home so I could do that more often. Alas, it almost never happens.


Joanna came down for the day and brought my birthday presents. They were all the things I need to start brewing! There's a brew kettle, hops, malts, yeast, and all the other tools I will need. Now I just need to get started. I'm pretty excited to be able to start brewing soon. Hopefully I can find a suitable place to set up.




We went to Wildflower for buffalo seitan wraps and soup before heading over to Silver Run to walk to the trails in the snow. It was a nice long walk. We did all three loops and it seemed really quick. We were talking about the Appalachian Trail most of the time and ways I can possibly section hike at least parts of it this year. Hiking in the snow made me really want to get out to hike elsewhere soon. Always easier said than done.




We came back to my house and played Wii for a while and then moved on to cards. It was a lot of good snow day activities. After she left, Jamie invited me to go to Kawa with her and Kate. I got a hot tea to warm up and some great Pad Thai. We stayed there for a couple of hours talking and having a good time. I thought they were going to kick us out eventually, but they just kept walking by. A good end to a good day.


No comments: