Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jan 15, 2014

My second day of work in the science class went well. The students were cooperative again, partly, I think, because they know me now. It's nice not having to get to know a class before getting into the rest of the work. I did have a couple of girls that decided to be jerks so I had separate them and they complained and cursed at me. It happens. Can't kick them out, apparently!


After work I cleaned out my car and spent some time putting the back seats back in. Matt and Kate came over, and I picked up Chuck to head up to The Abbaye for Six Point Brewing Company's U Buy the Glass Night. We got there 15-20 early and I asked for a table for 5 and Meaghan shook her head no. I said, "table for 4?" to which she shook her head again, but said she could squeeze us onto a small table. And that she did.


We ordered our first beers, and Chuck was quick to notice the bacon wrapped meatloaf sandwich had made a triumphant return to the menu. For the first time in a while I was really impressed with every beer they offered. I think Bullfrog had very good varieties as well, but these were amazing. I started with the Sehr Crisp and it was sweet, fresh, and wonderfully flavorful. The Sweet Action was great as well; better than I remember it being even. The Mad Scientist 17: Braggot was a high-alcohol, tasty and slightly tart brew. The Spice of Life Summer IPA was a floral and grassy fresh beer. Finally, the Gorilla Warfare was a big, delicious porter. I was feeling the light beers though.


Jamie joined us and squeezed in at the corner of our little table. We had a great time, great food, and better beers. We (I) kept trying to take pictures from above the table, but we couldn't get all of us in. I settled for a good shot of our feet and help from our waitress. There were two girls sitting on the bench without a table that we talked to for a while, and then the guy at the table next to them asked me what my problem was, implying I was bothering them somehow. Apparently he was pretty drunk and our waitress left us a note on a napkin saying "OMG is everything okay?"

I didn't pick up on much of the drama happening and I ignored it as we continued to laugh and enjoy our night. Once we got the bill figured out we headed home. I had the house to myself, so I spent an hour or so playing bass loudly just because I could. It was nice and freeing.

No comments: