Friday, January 17, 2014

Jan 17, 2014

We had shortened periods through the day because of an afternoon basketball game that the students play against the staff. So the day went pretty quickly and easily. I had a shorter break early in the day, but I got an extra hour break at the end when the game was going on. I was glad I didn't have to go. I met Ryan at the gym after work, but after a few exercises he had a bad headache, so I just ran three miles on the treadmill and we put it off until tomorrow.


I went home for a while and edited the rest of a batch of photos and sent them off to Kim. We went to Matt's house later for games. Chuck and Alex were already there, and Ryan and Jamie showed up soon after. We started off playing Pandemic, which had to be explained to all the newbies, but it seems like it's easier to explain each time we do it. That's coming from someone who understands it though.


We played two rounds of that, one of which we lost horribly before a full round ended, and the second we ended up doing really well. It didn't seem exactly like it was involving everyone though, so we got out a card game called Citadels. I had thought Ryan had Cards Against Humanity so I had everyone's hopes up, including mine, for that. It turned out he wasn't able to get it because it's still sold out.


Citadels was actually quite fun once we figured out the rules. We definitely did a bunch of things wrong, but they were minor things that didn't really affect the game too much. Once we got the hang of it, we had a good time playing it. I thought I had won, but Jamie and Ryan kept killing me. I was close to winning in the end, but Ryan was just a few points ahead. It was a fun game night. We just need to remember to bring more games.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

"You're a smooth criminal."

"Not that smooth."

Greatest moment.