Sunday, January 26, 2014

Jan 26, 2014


Another early start to the day. Ryan and I made breakfast and then headed over for day two at Elk. It was supposed to be much colder today, but it felt warmer with the sun out. After a while it went away and I felt the cold even more.


There were far fewer people there this time so that was a plus. It was nice not dealing with groups of people getting in the way as much. The trails were groomed even more nicely this time. We spent some more time on the far side of the mountain, but soon returned because there isn't that much over there.


Once my goggles fogged up enough times to be annoying and we got cold enough, we decided to head out. It was a good day of skiing, but it was also starting to snow and we thought it might be wise to head home at that point.


Once we packed up the house it was time to head out. The ride home was interesting as my windshield washer fluid was not working so with the snow and the salt spray from the road it became almost impossible to see at times. We had to pull over once or twice to clean it. I tried to fix the fluid to no avail. Once we got closer to Philly the roads were better so it wasn't a problem anymore. Once I got home I was tired, but I ended up staying up late watching shows anyway.

No comments: