Saturday, January 18, 2014

Jan 18, 2014

A lot of photos today. I went to the gym with Ryan in the morning to continue/finish our pull up day exercises from last night. We did more pull ups than last week, and I improved my wall sit time by 40 seconds. I think I can do the full 5 minutes if I really want to. I met Kate and Matt at Flightline Restaurant after I showered and we had a good breakfast not fully comprised of breakfast foods.


We went next door to Glasstown Brewing for their grand opening. It was more crowded than I expected, but that's great for them. We had to wait for a while until they did the official ribbon cutting. Everyone was excited and taking photos because the mayor was there. And for the cutting, I suppose.


They did a fair amount of talking and thanking everyone. The mayor told everyone to start drinking, but then someone else talked for a minute. After that it was officially open to pouring. The next challenge was getting to the bar.


I was a little disappointed that there were only two beers on that I hadn't had. They mentioned last week that there would be several new ones and eight total. Either way, I started with the Bourbon Brown. It wasn't bad but not what I expected either. It's hard for me to explain, but the bourbon flavor was more muted, and it tasted more like a bitter brown. Good once it warmed up a bit though.


I tried the Glasstown Ale that Matt got. I liked that one; they use dark malts which gives it a full flavor. I got a pint of the El Dorado Pale Ale, which is tasty and maltier than pale ales usually are. They had the Glasstown Founder's Ale which wasn't on the menu, and I liked that a lot once it warmed up a little. I only had a sample, but I'd get that again. Chuck and Alex stopped by to fill up growlers for their evening, and they gave us their raffle tickets to increase our chances of winning. We didn't.


Paul gave us these cards when we came in since we had done the tour twice before. Technically (legally) everyone is supposed to do the tour to be able to drink there. I finished with the IPA, which I sipped on for a while and had some Doritos with the people at the table next to us that we became friendly with. They were all really friendly teachers, but were clearly getting drunk. It was amusing.


I left Kate and Matt to go get a run in before the sun went down. It was much colder than it was this morning when I thought it was a good idea. I went to Parvin anyway and froze my hands for the first mile until they warmed up. One thing I can say for the cold: when I think about stopping to walk I know I'll be frozen if I do so that's motivational. I had a good run around the lake listening to Anberlin, and the sunset was nice as I finished.


I got some food and came home for the rest of the night. I didn't feel great so I had a nap that turned into staying in bed basically. I got up for a few hours later in the night and went through wedding photos that I need to edit in the next week or two. I was in a Scrubs mood so I watched a few episodes and went back to bed.

No comments: