Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9, 2010

We woke up at our campsite and went to the next parking lot over to play the full Ace Run course. There were a lot of people in the park but not many others playing disc golf.

After we finished Ace Run we continued on to the other 18-hole course in the park, Duzee. It was not quite as short and easy. This hole had a tree obstacle about ten feet ahead of the tee. I didn't get through it the way I wanted.

One of the trees along the way took Joanna's disc and held on to it until she climbed up to get it. There were only a few times that we had to search for discs though.

There were some nice areas at the tees to sit and watch people play.. if you're into that. The courses were good overall. The short one was fun because you had a chance at an ace on a lot of holes. Even though I didn't get any I came close and got a good number of birdies. The other was cool as well but the attempt at difficulty sometimes came off as annoying.

We got back on the road and headed west again, hitting 2000 miles in Western Louisiana on I-10.

This is where we were, on the way to Texas.

The drive to Texas didn't seem so long at all compared to a lot of the drives we've done so far. They have been comparatively short lately.

When we got into Houston, I went to the street my mom used to live on- it was Mother's Day, after all. It was a small street and I could see the Houston skyline down the road. I sent her some pictures since she hasn't seen it since she was 9.

We headed into downtown and had a great view of the skyline on the way in. It reminds me of driving into Dallas for some reason. It's been a while since I've done that though.

We walked around a few blocks and checked out some parks and scenery. This is the city hall building and I really like it and the park in front.

Like a lot of the cities we've been to, downtown was pretty empty so we had the place to ourselves to explore. There were a lot of parks in a small area and they were all pretty nice and had some good views.

Olive Gardens look the same in Texas. We went to use one of our gift cards to get portobella raviolis. They were delicious. It was nice to have hot food for dinner.

We checked some camp sites but, after coming up with nothing, ended up in another Wal*Mart Parking lot.

I gave in much faster to sleeping there this time for some reason. Probably because I didn't want to drive around for two hours looking for a camp.

Total distance: 281 miles. More than yesterday after all.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

unfixed typo! the tree took yourrr disc =P

aaand that first picture will always be so ridiculous hahah