Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29, 2010

We got up and packed up most of our stuff before heading to our last breakfast buffet of the cruise. The place was insanely crowded of course, since everyone was attempting to eat before they got kicked off the boat at 9am.

We finished packing and strolled off the boat pretty easily considering how long the line looked when we got to the disembarkation area. They were mostly just people sitting around waiting.

We got to the Waikiki Grand after a short bus ride and I liked it immediately for the old style. They actually use room keys instead of cards.

The room looked more like a small apartment than a hotel room. It had two refrigerators, a microwave and a stove range. I just liked it.

I feel like I just took some generic pictures to show the hotel since I'm not in any of them, but we went swimming for a while in the pool. It was a little chilly so we didn't stay for too long. I forgot how much fun it is to dive into water. All of the pools I've been to recently have been quite shallow.

We took a walk down the main road along the beach looking for something to eat. Nothing really presented itself and, after looking into some expensive Thai food, we went back to where we began.

Yes, another visit to P.F. Chang's. I got the same amazing curry dish. They give you so much; I only ate about a third of the food and took the rest home. Free rice. That's what does it.

On the way back we perused the International Marketplace for random Hawai'ian items that we might want for ourselves or others. The atmosphere is pretty hectic, like I would imagine an Arabian street market, with people offering deals and calling to you from every side to check out their cart.

We got to see a beautiful Waikiki sunset over the ocean from a block away from our hotel. I took a lot of shots while a crazy guy talked to me. I just ignored him but it might show up in some of my pictures.

I spent the rest of the night reading and watching things online. I didn't know How I Met Your Mother was in syndication.. and on Lifetime??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy you both are having such a great time
And I wouldn't want you to change a minute of it, but I miss you LOTS!!