Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26, 2010

I took advantage of the cooks and had this guy make me an omelet. He looks really happy about it. The omelet was tasty and full of vegetables. I've eaten a lot of eggs lately.


The dock area in Kona is too shallow for our boat to dock so we had to anchor offshore and take these little tenders back to the shore. It was inconvenient and hot but it worked.

I found an internet cafe in the town shopping area that granted me unlimited internet if I made a purchase. That was an easy decision since I've been paying for it at Starbucks.

I spent most of the morning in the little cafe area. The sun didn't come out too much so it was shady and comfortable as I updated things, caught up on some shows and had a smoothie and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

After I was finished online I walked around the shopping area a bit and then along the shore before I decided to return to the boat. We were leaving a little earlier today so I had to be back in the afternoon.

We went to the art show and auction on the boat. It was legit, with originals by Matisse, Miro, Dali, Picasso and Rembrandt. There were a lot of well-known artists on display.

Since the prices were in the thousands, I didn't even consider raising my little number to bid on anything, but I did enjoy my time learning a little bit about some of the pieces and wondering why the woman kept running her fingers all over these original pieces of art. I also enjoyed the free champagne. It may have been the rocking of the boat but I felt it after my second little glass.. I'm a lightweight.

Art auctions make me hungry so we got some food and then finally checked out the shuffleboard court that we noticed the first day on the boat. It was a little difficult with the ship rocking back and forth as I tried to aim but it was fun nonetheless.

We played a few games of chess after the shuffleboard games. It's been a while since I've played but I'd like to get back into it.

I spent some time reading my book before I decided it was time to get some sleep for the night.
I think this was and will be our longest trip on the boat since we had to travel past all the islands we've already visited to get up to Kauai. Probably a couple hundred miles.

No comments: