Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 20, 2008

Substituting at Lakeside is easy sometimes. Today it was easy. It was a lot of free time and little work. I watched Dexter and got on the internet mostly. Then I was ready to leave.

Jeff, Chuck and I headed to Penn Station in Newark and waited for our train to arrive.

We took our train to New York Penn Station. It seemed like a much shorter ride than usual.

Once we took the subway to the village, this was one of the first scenes I saw. It's one of my favorite scenes from New York ever for some reason. I'll be adding it to my gallery soon as well.

We found the bar that Demetri Martin was performing at and then we went to get something to eat. We spent about twenty minutes in a restaurant where the waiter never came back to get our order, but there was a crazy lady with a Siamese cat in a stroller who was meowing angrily the whole time they were in there. Then we left and went to Pizzanini instead.

We got back to Rififi to see this sign. It was up earlier but it didn't used to say "Sold Out." We were a little downtrodden, but we didn't want to waste a trip to the city so we walked around and looked for a place to go.

I noticed a place called Whiskey River and we went in. The bartender, Mike, was a cool guy who also liked Demetri Martin. He poured us some shots of whiskey since we missed him.

We hung around and had some beers.

I had quite a few.

He's just pretending to drink that.

And Jeff is a lightweight.

I told Chuck some stories that I had to wait until I was drunk to tell.

Jeff was very concerned about who was driving home, I certainly was unconcerned. After quite a few beers and two free shots, we headed back to the train station. I was feeling better once we got to the car, so I drove us home.

We made it home without incident, stopping only so they could get Roy Rogers. It was a great night made out of something that could have ruined it.

No comments: