Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 17, 2008

Work went by pretty quickly for most of the day since I actually had things to do. I spent most of my time running slides and scanning pictures into the system.

After all the excitement of going to the Moroccan restaurant, we went up to Marrakesh. I picked up Jeff and Sam, then found a spot on Lombard, where we waited until 8pm to put all the money in the meter just so I wouldn't get a ticket. The outside is pretty awesome, it's just a small place off of the main area where you have to knock on the door to get in.

Once Jess, John and Rodney showed up we went inside and found our seats.

The seats were low sitting couches that hugged the wall around several small tables where the staff first washes your hands in rose water, then brings out your appetizers.

There are a total of seven courses, you eat them all (except for the couscous and some of the vegetarian stuff) with your hands. We pulled apart spicy chicken and used pitas to scoop up salad.

Towards the end, you get an awesome small cup of mint tea. It was the best thing I had there. The tea is poured with skill by the waiter. This picture is going in my gallery later.

Next, the music was turned up and a belly dancer came out to entertain us, proving that this was more than just a dinner. John got up and wowed everyone with his dance moves. It was an interestingly different experience.

Our last course was a big bowl of fruit. We shared bananas, apples, grapes and oranges. We spent over two hours in the place talking and eating with our hands. It was definitely worth the trip and very reasonable price, but I don't think I could do it very often. I was stuffed for a while to come after that.

It was raining a bit, so we just headed back to the car after saying goodbye. We headed home, full of good food and happy with a great night out.

No comments: